Kydex is a line of thermoplastic acrylic. It is water resistant or has low water absorption properties. It was produced originally for aircraft interiors back in 1965. It has become very popular for custom gun holsters as well as knife sheaths. Because of the thermoforming materials, holsters are made from Kydex are quite durable and variable as well as low in manufacturing cost. The make up of Kydex allows for easy form fitting when heated to get the shape. Then you cool to mold into shape of any aboject. These key elements make them a popular choice because they can last a long time and are very tough.
Due to the wide variety of kydex holsters available in the marketplace today, it has become necessary that you know what you’re getting yourself into, peculiarly if your life relies on it. However, unlike top grain leather, they offer nothing in terms of flexibility and don’t mold to the body. Hence, some users find them impractical for all day wear especially if a lot of movement is expected. They’re known for a secure hold and solid retention but definitely not comfortable and long term wear. But, given their often substantially lower price point, they remain a very popular choice.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 1 Kydex Holsters and Their Purpose:
- 2 4 Best Kydex Holsters Reviews
- 3 Why KYDEX Holsters are More Popular than Others?
- 4 Conclusion
Kydex Holsters and Their Purpose:
Today, it is quite usual for most commoners in U.S. to carry guns for their self-defense. Thus, the Gun market & their related accessories such as holsters has dramatically increased since the law was passed to permit commoners to have a gun.
Gun holsters are the most widely used gun accessories built of superior quality kydex and leather for extreme comfort and durability. Now a days many branded holsters are available in the market to offer a wide array of choices on gun holsters.
Gun holster industry now provides a huge variety of materials & one of the most favorable material for gun holsters on the market today is Kydex. Kydex holsters are in demand right now for their superb quality, comfort & distinctive designs. Holster industry now offers both inside and outside waistband holsters.
4 Best Kydex Holsters Reviews
It’s important before choosing a holster material to decide what is most important to you. If comfortable and long term wear is valuable, then top grain leather might be the way to go. If value and security are your top priorities, the space age plastic known as Kydex might fit the bill. Regardless, a holster should consider as important of a purchase as the firearm inside to ensure safe and reliable usage everyday if needed.
In case you are unable to decide on which kydex holster is perfect for you, then check out our holster review & compare leading products to identify a holster that is perfect for you.
If you are looking for a high quality holster that can save your hard earned money in the long run then getting the perfect product is a necessity, but most of the high quality products are available at a very high-priced cost.
This is not true, because Galco Triton Kydex IWB Holster for Glock 19, 23, 32 (Black, Right-hand) is one of the high quality product and it is available for folks who are searching for a quality product that suits within their budget and at the same time without sacrificing other aspects such as durability and quality.
Galco Triton Kydex is one of the best products in the IWB Holster category especially for Glock 19, 23 and 32. Along with the durability and quality which offer the followings:
- The belt clip provides speedy on & off capability.
- And at the same time the sweat-guard defends both the gun carrier and the gun as well.
- It is built with virtually maintenance free and durable Kydex, the Triton is thin, fast and simple to conceal.
- The firm and steady holster body offers a easy and smooth return to the holster after the draw.
- While the raised sweat guard defends the pistol from corrosive perspiration.
- Galco Triton Kydex IWB Holster is also capable of protecting your skin from the hard steel.
- Different individuals have different sort of needs and as we all know that there are plenty of firearm holsters that you might come across on the market, but at the same time it could be possible that Galco Triton Kydex IWB Holster for Glock 19, 23, 32 (Black, Right-hand) is “the prefect one” that you are looking for.
- Oftentimes you have to pay high in order to get what you are looking for. But at the same time mostly the thing with the high price are also worth it, so you do not have to worry about it.
- Quick on & off capability is offered by the excellent belt clip.
- Fits with both Glock 23/27 and it works great.
- Sweat guard defends both the gun and the gun carrier as well & it also protects pistol form corrosive perspiration.
- Very comfortable to wear.
- Made of Kydex & triton is available in black & easily fits belts up-to 13/4 inches.
- Easy to draw.
- Firm holster body to provide smooth return to holster after the draw.
- Item model number: TR226.
At present nobody likes the look or feel of leather and they prefer a more robust as well as durable holster made from a material known as Kydex.
Kydex is a proprietary mixture of acrylic polyvinyl chloride materials. Kydex is extremely popular for holsters and magazine carriers because it is tough and can be used excessively.
This Galco Kydex IWB Holster is built from a maintenance-free and durable holster that looks great and function well for many years with your best firearms.
- Sweat guard defends the pistol from corrosion as well as it also protects your skin from the hard steel.
- Galco Triton Kydex IWB Holster for s&w m&p compact 9/40 (black, right-hand) is endurable to wear anywhere & during any season.
- Molded injected to contour line pistol.
- Holds pistol with a tiny bit of fore angle so is ease of draw on the strong side.
- Clip is galactic and grasps the holster tight during the withdrawal (with or without a belt).
- Holds pistol upside down very well.
- Fits decently with the gun and the adaptable tension screws assist you to fix that how tight the gun is held and your withdrawal.
- Neoprene bushings are employed in this holster under the barrel area and are changeable to provide wearer tension adjustment to fit the firearm in a secure position.
- Highly waterproof as compared to leather.
- Made of long-lasting & maintenance free kydex.
- Triton kydex holster is easy to conceal, fast and thin.
- Belt clip provides fast on & off capability.
- The sweat-guard defends both the gun as well as the gun carrier.
- Fits Belts Up-to 1-3/4 inches Wide.
- Triton is available in black.
Providing better concealment and comfort, Concealed Carry Kydex and Leather is an ideal product from Bullseye Holsters. Custom making of the holster allows it to fit the gun of every make and model. The combination of Kydex and leather enables smooth withdrawal, in the faster and safest way possible. Unlike other holsters, you can wear it all day long, without any discomforts.
Exclusive Benefits of Concealed Carry Holsters:
- Adjustable tilt angle: Its configuration at a certain degree of angle (15 degree) makes it suitable to be tilted in any direction. The desired angle can be achieved by simply raising or lowering one of the clips.
- Flexible right height: The concealed carry holster can be adjusted to any height depending upon your need. Raising the clips will lower the height while lowering the clips will raise its height.
- Adjustable retention: Due to adjustable retention, it can be loosened and tightened according to the need. The high quality material used in its making does not become loose with time.
- Professional and quality components: Made out of extremely durable lightweight .093″ Kydex material and has a leather backing that is smooth and comfortable for your body. Every material used in its making is pure and genuine.
- Easily Tuckable: It can be tucked right into the shirt up to a significant inches, becoming invisible, yet ready-to-use.
- Quick access: The shape of the plastic and leather renders a firm grip on the handle, eventually making it faster to grab during an emergency.
- Brand: Bullseye Holsters
- Color: Black
- Purely made in the USA
- Comes with One Year Replacement Warranty
- Compatible with 150+ handgun models
The lightweight Concealed Carry holster made of Kydex and leather by Bullseye Holster features an easy on and off finger design. Its all-in-one built in clip design renders the utmost balance and comfort all day long. It is an ideal holster, especially designed for people who are looking for quality, comfort, and ease at an economical price.
Check Current Price and Ratings on Amazon
At this price level, such an amazing holster from uncle Mike’s company is a highly preferable choice amongst a myriad of people. The Uncle Mike’s company has some inbuilt amazing touches, which means big thrift. With an ultra-adjustable design, this paddle holster is pliable, soft and features air vents for the uttermost in wearing ease.
This holster has been a success because it can do so much like:
- Adjusts quite easily for rake and height to match body type and height of your torso.
- This holster is an excellent option for both men and women.
- Rides very close to the body at a medium level height.
- Close upright rake for convenient behind-the-hip carry.
- Can be used as an appendix carry.
- Concealment OT Hip holsters are designed specifically to be concealed easily as well as unobtrusive and lightweight.
Uncle Mike’s Law Enforcement and Tactical Gear provides this holster at a good price so that you get great value and awesome bang for your buck.
- This holster is ideal for everyday concealed carry use and undercover work.
- It’s the top-quality open holster built from Kydex (a very strong and durable plastic).
- There is no thumb break or retention system as it is an open holster.
- However, the molded form of the holster actually grasps your weapon in place until you draw it with a deliberate tug.
- Easy to draw because body’s lead edge is cut down.
- Ultra-Adjustable design.
- Easily fits belts up-to 1-3/4 inches.
- Comes with paddle & belt loop accessories.
- Holster is malleable & soft.
- Comes with air vents for extra comfort & wearing ease.
- Model: 54261 (Parent)
Why KYDEX Holsters are More Popular than Others?
- It is true that leather holsters were the first choice for shooting enthusiasts from many years. And undoubtedly leather is aesthetically and physically appealing, moreover, it even smells fine.
- However, If you are looking for beauty in a holster, then you should rather go with leather, because Kydex is not pretty. But, if you prefer functionality over beauty, then kydex is the material for you.
- Holsters made from leather are sensitive to humidity, moisture and temperature. Leather doesn’t dry very quickly and if you leave a re-holstered gun into a wet leather holster, then it can cause corroding.
- Holsters made from kydex are virtually maintenance-free. If a kydex holster gets dusty or dirty, then you can easily wash it and use it immediately, as it dries quite quickly. Gun holsters built from kydex are not moisture or temperature sensitive.
- Kydex holsters don’t require a break-in period and are always ready to use right away. Even over a lifetime of use they will retain the desired shape. On the downside, leather holsters often require diligent maintenance and a break-in period and at the same time, re-holstering is also difficult.
- While re-holstering and un-holstering a gun within a Kydex holster is far louder than returning and clearing a gun to a leather holster and hence kydex owners get a more secure and reliable re-holstering experience. Kydex holsters take a beating and are still performing incredibly well.
You can buy a Kydex holster or a comparatively cheap injection-molded plastic holster or a Leather holster, perhaps you are knowledgeable with what you are getting.
If you want to spend little extra money, then you need to ask a little more information and you can also start with the material used. Like a molded KYDEX holster or a leather holster is a handmade product.
If there is a difference then it must be reflected in the price and the performance. In brief, whether it’s KYDEX or Leather, you should always get what you are paying for.